Thursday, March 22, 2007

taking time to stop and smell the tulips


As spring fast approaches, I am reminded of an adorable little boy who didn't need prompting to stop and smell the tulips in his very own garden. My Justy Boy. He was so little back then but I am glad he hasn't forgotten to stop and enjoy the simple things.
Time really does go by quickly and in the midst of it all, you capture some of the most precious moments with family. As his Auntie, I stand back in awe of what a little gentleman he has become. He has always had eyes for his Momma but he even offers me some attention every now and then. He has grown into a smart and fun-loving little man. Often times when visiting, Justy will greet me with his "big baby blues" and bright smile and say in the sweetest voice "Hi Auntie", as he wraps his arms around my waist and gives me a hug. I love to smother his face with kisses and despite all of his coolness, he still lets his Auntie love him up.
I love when he is excited, you can hear it in his voice and see it in his eyes. There is no holding back! He loves to hear stories (especially funny ones) over and over until his belly aches. As he grows up, I have to keep some "cool" stuff in reserve because I fear he will grow bored of me. Then just when I least expect it, I make him laugh his head off again and I walk away delighted! He told me he wanted to learn how to "beat box" and I don't think he knew I had a clue what he was talking about until I burst out with my very own beat box beat- it was pretty good, if I don't say so myself. His expression was priceless! I don't think he could believe his ears! His auntie actually knew how to beat box and she was pretty good! He kept asking me to do it again, do it again! I humoured him all the way out to the car where his mom awaited! We busted out into one big belly laugh and waved goodbye. That is the toughest part. The goodbyes. I miss them so much when we have to go home!
I wonder what Justy will be when he grows up? I wonder who will steal his heart? I wonder what he will think about his sister when he's in his 20's? I wonder......

1 comment:

The Maxwell's said...

Laura,
Thank you for such a beautiful piece on my boy. The picture is so Justy, memories overflow in my heart. Time is bittersweet. This was a beautiful time for me and much missed.
He told me about your beatboxing and how Fischer was "lucky" to have a Mom that could beatbox. I said, "Well I can beatbox too !" and I tried but no comparison to you apparently. Geesh!