Monday, March 19, 2007

the shape of a mother

I stand in the mirror. It is not so uncomfortable afterall. Took a good long look at myself. Though the image is not perfect and hasn't been for many years, something looks different.

I turn to the left and turn to the right. Long pause. I admire this and that. I have strong hopes of becoming physically fit but I am still strong. My husband tells me almost everyday that I am beautiful. I know he means it. He is a man that goes without saying things unless they are sincere. There is something comforting in knowing that even when I don't feel very good in my own skin sometimes, I still have one person in this world that thinks I look "like a greek statue"- his words.

I smile in the mirror at this shape of a mother. I shall embrace it.


No comments: