Friday, January 19, 2007

men and their "BIG" ideas

I was talked into a king size bed by my hubby this week. Price tag- you don't wanna know! I mean, this was a small fortune but I have been assured that we won't have to buy another one for some time. I should think not! If one part of the bed suddenly gives, we have plenty of mattress to last us a life-time!

Reasons I am not convinced this was a good idea:

a) I am not sure if I will ever get used to having a step-stool beside my bed
b) I won't be able to afford new sheets. We better take care of the ones we bought and sleep on bare mattress when they're in the wash!
c) I already have "bed head" in the morning, let alone the wind blown look because the ceiling fan suddenly feels really close!
d) My husband was actually disappointed when he saw it because he thought it would be bigger- OMG! The man wants the bed to accommodate his wing span!
e) Not only is there plenty of room for the both of us, G. can have a harem and be the big Babba! NOT going to happen. Ever.
f) I have lost my night-table because there is no space left in the room. You walk in to one big BED-ROOM literally. It is a room with a BED. That's it. Pretty much.

Enough reasons? Ahhhhhh!

1 comment:

Bazaa said...

Hi!
Sorry that I haven't been commenting your blog lately, I've been really busy and only been able to read some of your posts.
The bed issue was really funny! It's so nice that you and your husband have such a nice relationship =) And now you'll surely have space for your son, when he grows up and wants to get in your bed - I did that when I was around 2 or 3, when I woke up I would sneak into my parent's room and get in the middle of them. But it must still be a funny picture, a bed occupying the whole bedroom!
Anyway, I'm glad that you and your family are doing well and that you're all happy, and I hope that you'll be like that for a long long time, at least =)